Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yesterday, during a situation where I was over-excited about making an important point, I said the wrong thing.
Them: "Right, but there's an order to it."
Me: "No, you're not thinking about this the right way. All of this is gone in a week, so it doesn't matter. Not that it ever did. What I mean is: your title is even more meaningless than it was in the first place. It's not like Title Thunderdome - we're not going to lose our jobs in order. We're just gone. It's nothing. It'll be unverifiable even though nobody ever wanted to verify that in the first place. You could literally call yourself The Imperial Grand Wizard of Traffic and it really woulnd't make a difference.
Well no wait. I guess that would make a difference. That'd be a giant difference. That'd be really weird. They'd want to know about that. That's not a good...

Them: Isn't that the Klu Klux Klan thing?

Me: Yeah, but -- I didn't mean to use that as -- the point holds if I didn't pick the one single title that would...

Them: Yeesh.

Me: No no no. I mean that you can call yourself anything. Except that. Or Furher of Traffic. That's similarly off the table.

Them:....

Me: No. Now I'm making fun of myself for the -- earlier. I just --- look, the point holds. The point holds!

I can't let go of a good point.

____________________________________________

No comments: