Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Wine Conversations About Things That Aren't Wine

This is a little all over the place, and there's a few other points to hit but here it is anyway:


Wine Conversations About Things That Aren't Wine

Rain.

"Oh, wow, quick come in! You're soaked!"

"Yeah, it's really coming down out there."

"No umbrella?"

"Nah, caught me off guard, it was sunny and then I was soaked. It came up quick."

"You're really soaked. Is it bad? Are you cold?"

"I'm not too cold, It didn't really get through my sweatshirt. I ran most of the way."
"Your hair though"

"Absolutely matted. I'm not suggesting that I'm not very damp all over, but it's not as wet as if I'd jumped in a pool. It's more like if I'd been sprayed with a hose. It's interesting. What's really interesting, though, is the wind. It's wet, but there was also quite a bit of wind at the end there. Just a touch."
"I did notice that. I was thinking the same thing. I didn't think you'd mention it."

"But overall, I think I could be more wet. If I hung up my clothes I'd be dry in an hour."
"I was thinking an hour and a half, two hours."

"Yeah, I can see why you'd say that."

"I got caught in the rain a few weeks ago, up sate. I know some people there. It was really nice, but I really was rather damp."

"Sure."

Light

"Whoah."

"Oop! Sorry about that I forgot the flash was on! Sorry!"

"I've got spots, that's some flash."

"Yeah, it's a new camera, I haven't really figured it all out yet"
"It just caught the mirror and hit me from two angles."

"Oh, right, the mir -- "

"It's settling down now, but wow, that was really something. Especially when it combined with the mirror, it was like a photonic assault. Very yellow, very impressive for a little camera. Is it made near here?"

"I'm not sure, my wife got it. I'm not really -- It's a Cannon, see, I guess the thing here, that's a moon. So I guess that's for night --"

"Just so bright, and it flickered first, very quickly, very strobe-like and then it really jumped in at the last second like an explosion. A supernova. little little big. Very interesting pattern."

"Yeah, that's the warning light. I think. The quick flash and then the full flash so you can time it right. So you know when to smile."
"The quick flash really sets you up for the full flash. It's really effective. Just boom. It's really flush at the end."
"My wife, you know, for my birthday, she found it someplace."

"I could do with maybe just a little more strobe. Just a tiny bit more strobe. I think that would work really well with peoples timing. It's almost ready. I think give it another year and it'll settle into it's character."

"Oh."

Politics.

"He's a good candidate, but I just don't feel like he's ready."

"Not ready? You're crazy, look at him. Look at that guy, he's ready. He's got a ton of experience."
"I'm just saying, I don't think he seems ready. I think he needs some more time, maybe better advisers."

"He covered all that in the campaign."

"His campaign? Forgettable at best. I don't think he's the right way to go. He's no patriot. Say what you want about the other guy, the other guy is a patriot."

"Patriot? He's just short of a communist."

"That's ridiculous. He's a brave man. He's overcome adversity. He's worked hard for this country."

"I just think he seems like a bit of a liar, I don't trust him. I just don't. I think he seems shady."
"Shady. He's a public servant. He's got a heart of gold. He's a saint"
"I just don't see it."

"I don't see how you can't see that!"


Ghost Hunting.

"So this is where he died?"
"Yessir, right here on the porch. He was listening to the baseball game."

"Who was playing?"
"He was always a fan of -"

"Hold it. Stand very still."

"What?"
"Silence! I'm sensing something. Do not move. I feel him. He's here. He's still here. There's a chill in the air. It just brushed past me. The moment was brief but --- I've lost it. Did you feel it?"

"I did! I think it went over there!"

"I thought so too! But maybe more towards the shed!"

"He was always tinkerin in that damned shed! Jeffery?!? I did feel it! Jefferey? Where are you?!?"

"Show yourself Jefferey! OOh - uhhb - oh"

"What's wrong, what's the matter?"
"I can feel him -- he's taking over!!!"

"Jeffery?!"

"It's me, May, It's me Jeffery."

"Jeffery!!! Oh Jeffery I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. But I'm here now, it's me. Your husband."

"Of course!"

"It's so lovely to see you again. This is a gift to us both. Please share my gratitude with The Spirit Hunter. I owe him everything."

"Of course! I love you, come back to me!"

"I love you too, May. Be well! OOh - uhhb - ohpoh!!!"

"Jeffery?"

"No. I'm back. Your husband is gone. I've returned. That was overwhelming. Did you see him?"

"I did! He was here, right here this whole time!"

"Yes he was. This never happens, Mrs. Aldemare. I've never experienced anything quite like this."

"Goodness, me neither!"

1 comment:

OneFootFeet said...

I dont know why the spacing is like that. I cant fix it. It's being a jerk.